Registration: January 1 - February 28
Last Chance Registration: March 1-15
Cleanup Day for WBSI Families: April 1
Coach Selections Complete: Mid-March
Team Formation: Mid-to-late March
Coach Orientation Meeting: Late March
Practices Begin: Week of April 10
Game Schedule Released: Early April
First Week of Games: April 17
Opening Day Festivities & Photo Day: April 22
Last Day of Regular Season: June 3
Playoffs: June 4 - June 10
Field Day & End of Season: June 10
Important Information Regarding WBSI Spring Recreation Player Registration & Team Formation
- Placement on a team will only be guaranteed for players who are registered by February 28th. Players who register during the “Last Chance Registration” period may be placed on a wait list.
- Team Formation: Minor leagues (typically 2nd grade) and above will form via drafts. Younger leagues will have team rosters set by league commissioners.
- Requests for player placement on specific teams, with specific coaches, or with other children cannot be accommodated.
- Requests to have a player participate in WBSI Rec leagues outside of his/her age level must be submitted in writing and addressed to the league commissioner at the time of registration. The player must attend evaluations and qualify for play at a higher level. The league commissioner must approve final placement.
- All baseball players will receive a team shirt and hat from WBSI. Players must provide their own batting helmet, glove, gray baseball pants, cleats, and protective cup. Chest protectors are encouraged in all leagues.
- All softball players will receive a team shirt and socks from WBSI. Players must provide their own batting helmet with face guard, fielding face mask, glove, gray softball pants, and cleats. Chest protectors are encouraged in all leagues.
While we endeavor to provide the most accurate and correct information possible, there is always the possibility of typographical errors, omissions, misprints and other inaccuracies. WBSI reserves the sole and exclusive right to verbally or in writing, at its discretion, correct, restate, change, modify or withdraw this information.